The Dattco Driving Simulator is now available to rural transit providers who would like to have it come on-site.
- The simulator is a mobile unit that can be brought to the RTD sites.
- In the simulator drivers will practice the proper procedure to handle situations in a controlled environment where any damage or injury is only simulated.
- Training/driver scenarios will be designed for each site specifically and could include:
- Turn and intersection control
- Driving in inclement weather
- Driving skills
- Dealing with mechanical failure
- Each location will provide a place to safely park a 45 foot bus.
- The system can run either using the on board generator or the proper electrical connection can be provided.
- Each RTD will have an 8-hour day allotted for training.
- Each RTD will have the opportunity to submit their request for their training program design prior to the training.
- Recommended scheduling is 2-3 divers per 2-hour block of time.
- Sessions can be scheduled for last week of September/first two weeks of October.
Cost is $1500 per location and will be covered for rural transit districts by the CTRTAP Program.
Please click on the Contact Us
section of the site to schedule a time to have the simulator at your location.